If you are looking for a quick, easy way to brush up your research skills, sign up for Mastering Academic Research: Information Skills for Successful Students. You don’t have to be a student at Florida Tech to take it — anyone can register.
Our free, non-credit, six-week MOOC is designed to help students worldwide find, evaluate, and use information efficiently, effectively, and ethically. The course will take place June 22, 2014-August 4, 2014 and is being hosted by Canvas, Florida Tech’s new learning management system.
- Identifying scholarly, popular, and trade publications
- Establishing authority, reliability, and pertinence
- Managing information in the cloud
- Using and citing copyrighted, open-access, and creative commons works
- Incorporating evidence in your writing
- Presenting research effectively
Course materials include links to collections of scholarly papers, publications, and other materials that are useful to all lifelong learners, regardless of your location in the universe.