Celebrate Open Access Week with Evans Library!
Monday, 10/24, 12:00-1:00 pm: Scholarship that’s Scholar-Led: An Introduction to Open Access (By Megan Wacha, CUNY)
Tuesday, 10/25, 12:00-1:00 pm: The Bigger Picture of OA: Alternate Models of Review & Emerging Practices (By Heather Joseph, SPARC)
Wednesday, 10/26, 12:00-1:00 pm: SUNY OER Services: What They Can Do for You (By Allison Brown, SUNY Geneseo)
Thursday, 10/27, 12:00-1:00 pm: Starting and Sustaining an OA Publication (By Molly Poremski and Amy Vilz, University at Buffalo’s The Reading Room)
Friday, 10/28, 12:00-1:00 pm: Understanding and Protecting Your Rights As an Author (By Jill Cirasella, CUNY Graduate Center)
Open Access Movie Night
Monday, 10/24, 7:30-9:30 in Room 204
The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz
Open Access Brown Bag Discussion
Friday, 10/28, 12:30pm in Room 204
“Open Access: Promises and Pitfalls,” featuring Florida Tech’s own:
- Dr. Debbie Carstens and Dr. Brooke Wheeler on starting an open access journal
- Marc Baarmand on the SCOAP3 Open Access consortium
- David Lowe on avoiding open access publishing pitfalls
Check out our open access blog posts from previous years:
- Open Access: Copyright Q + A
- Open Access: The Rainbow Connection
- Open Access: Open Educational Resources
- Open Access and Peer Review
- Open Access Week: Publishers role in Open Access
- Scholar as Author: Can I budget open access fees in a grant?
- Scholar as Author: How do I know if a journal is predatory or not?